Enhance and Protect Your Sensational Smile
An Overview on Dental Bridges
Gum infections, tooth decay or injuries are considered to be some of the prominent causes for tooth loss. It may affect appearance as well as self-confidence but also the ability to chew and relish food. Functionality of the jaws is drastically affected in such cases too. A dental bridge or dental bridges are a remarkable solution as it will help you regain both form and function. With the help of the doctors and dental surgeons here at Grand Smiles Dental Katy clinic, our dental bridge experts can evaluate and educate any patient considering dental bridges, and if agreed upon, perform dental bridge procedures to the highest industry standard.
If you are someone who is clueless about dental bridges and how the procedure is usually carried out, you can meet the surgeons and the doctors at our Katy Dental clinic to gain a better perspective about the subject.
Dental Bridges: A Popular Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment
Dental bridges are one of the most popular and effective cosmetic dentistry treatment procedures when a missing tooth or teeth causes a gap. Dental bridges literally span and fill these gaps. The dental bridges not only look natural but provide a great deal of functionality as well. At Grand Smiles Dental, our dental bridge experts are ready to consult with, evaluate, and answer any questions you may have about dental bridges and whether they are the best choice for you.
What are Dental Bridges and their benefits?
Dental bridges are also known as dental restorations and are comprised mainly of dental crowns which are attached to the sides of the abutment tooth. The dental crowns blend in perfectly with the abutment teeth and bridge the gap resulting in a natural appearance. The greatest advantage of using these dental bridges is their durability. They can last for many years if properly cared for.
Benefits Of Dental Bridges include:
- Repair the aesthetics of a damaged smile
- Fix chewing or speaking issues associated with lost or damaged teeth
- Replace missing teeth
- Proper jaw and face alignment
- Proper bite force distribution
- Prevent the teeth adjacent to a gap from shifting out of position
Types of Dental Bridges
- Maryland Bonded Bridges: Resin Bonded Bridge, metal or porcelain wings bound to your existing teeth.
- Traditional Dental Bridge: Two crowns supporting a pontic (replacement tooth) between them.
- Cantilever Dental Bridge: This method entails using only one existing tooth to support the false tooth (pontic). It can lead to excessive forces being placed on the anchoring tooth and is generally avoided if possible.
Grand Smiles Dental is a prestigious and well-recognized Katy dental clinic. Operated under the expert supervision of Dr. Dat Pham, our Katy dental clinic specializes in various forms of cosmetic as well as restorative dentistry techniques. With the help of knowledgeable and talented dental surgeons and state of the art equipment along with cutting edge technology, our Katy dental clinic is dedicated to complete customer satisfaction. If you are thinking about getting dental bridges, all you have to do is send us an email or call us to book an appointment with Grand Smiles Dental today!